RZIM Academy Plus
Are you a leader in your school, workplace or church? Do you have a passion to make Christ known?
RZIM Academy Plus is an introductory apologetics training program covering 12 modules (consisting of 2 terms) that will equip you with the necessary tools to share your faith in a credible, culturally-engaging, and relevant way. This program is for those who have already completed the RZIM Academy online program and are now seeking to sharpen their evangelistic and apologetic skills, and from there engage at a deeper level with the world around them.
RZIM Academy represents the online component of the program (rzimacademy.org). Unlike traditional online classes, this program is designed to offer a highly interactive environment. The curriculum is taught by leading apologists Ravi Zacharias, Michael Ramsden, Stuart McAllister, Amy Orr-Ewing, Dr John Lennox, and many others.
Plus represents the discussion group gatherings that will take place once every two weeks facilitated by RZIM Asia’s team of apologists. In these meetings, the topics covered online will be explored in greater detail with further recommended readings and practical exercises to apply what has been learned.
Training men and women to defend the power and coherence of the gospel of Jesus Christ is an integral part of the vision of RZIM. Our hope is to empower you to engage in earnest conversations with those who have honest questions about the Christian faith. – Ravi Zacharias
Held in various major cities in Asia, this intensive program seeks to invest in a small group of participants and is made up of 4 components:
- Online Learning: The web-based portal will have 12 modules, each furnished with a video lecture and study questions.
- Go to the Street: Participants will put into action what they’ve learned by engaging in intentional conversations regarding the Christian faith.
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself): Supplementary materials for further study to better respond to objections and questions.
- Small Group: Participants will meet once every two weeks for discussion sessions facilitated by RZIM Asia’s team of apologists.
Each term will conclude with the writing of a paper that recaps learnings as well as highlights any topics or questions that have yet to be addressed.
Term 1: Understanding the Christian Worldview (6 modules)
- Why Jesus? – Exploring the centrality of Jesus Christ in any apologetic dialogue
- Thinking Well, Believing Well – Discussing critical thinking skills and basic principles necessary to examine and explain one’s faith
- Worldview Matters – Learning how to evaluate other belief systems in their capacity to explain God, humanity, knowledge, ethics, and reality
- Origin – Investigating the complementary relationship between God and science
- Meaning – Why God is necessary for human beings to live meaningful and worthwhile lives
- Morality – Exploring how the character of God stands inextricably intertwined with moral judgments
Term 2: Engaging with Other Worldviews (6 modules)
- What About Evil? – Answers that only the Christian worldview can provide
- Destiny – Investigating how the Cross and resurrection of Jesus give hope for today as well as the future
- Understanding Islam – Exploring the core beliefs of Islam and how to engage with it as a worldview
- Naturalism & New Atheism – Thinking through the problems with a purely materialistic/naturalistic/atheistic worldview and how to present a case for God
- Dealing with Doubt – Addressing objections to the Bible as the Word of God and the moral uprightness of the God of the Bible
- Constructing a Response – Working on a persuasive response to the challenges levelled against the gospel of Jesus Christ
For applications, enquiries, or upcoming term schedules, please email us at [email protected].